Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Coupons and Quilts

I am constantly trying to improve how I run our household. I have officially been the CEO of our household for 6+ years when I decided to become a stay at home mom. My CFO checked over our finances and gave me the go ahead...just in time for me to be on bedrest--pregnant with our twins. When this decision was made, we knew that a budget would have to be adhered to and that some changes would have to be made. We were kissing the life of "DINKS" goodbye...Dual Income No Kids...and saying hello to double formula, double diapers, double laundry...double hugs and kisses!
It's been a great 6 years and I am glad we made this decision. So, back to the improvements...I have always tried to plan meals and make grocery lists...I have not always been good about using coupons...silly really...it's an easy way to save money and yet requires a lot of effort from me. Well, I have recently begun to see the light on coupons...looking for ways to make our money stretch farther. So, I thought I would post a photo of my most recent trip to Fareway:
(10 jars of Ragu for $10 *when using $5 coupon)
(2 for 5 cereal...but I also had $1 coupons)
(4 boxes of cereal for $10 *when using $4 coupon...plus I stacked a .75 cent and $1 coupon on top)
(Tide stain remover tabs $3 off coupon)
(2 boxes of cereal bars for $5 plus I had a $1 coupon)
Now, I am not one of those crazy coupon ladies on TLC's new show...however, I did save $16.75 while purchasing products that we use every week...and that is not too shabby! Now to just find a place for it all!

My next topic is a mushy topic...my girls came home from school last week and they needed to bring a "Q" item for sharing. They both asked...do we have any quilts? LOTS I replied...haven't they ever seen them? Well of course they hadn't...they are in the guest room which currently is a pit...well, was currently a pit! I cleaned it last week. It wasn't dirty...just full of my book inventory and garage sale items that I was gathering and marking. BUT NOW...it's beautiful and you can see my Grandma Phelps quilts, which I store in a cabinet in the guest room. I love this room...it's so homey and welcoming. Which is exactly how I want people to feel when they come over to my house. 
My dishes may not always be done...but there's plenty of cereal for everyone and the bed is comfortable...so come on by for a visit! Consider this an invitation from the CEO of Ridenour Household Inc.


No comments:

Post a Comment