Wednesday, March 2, 2011

THING 1 and THING 2

An impromptu celebration...that would do Seuss proud!
This is what we had today...all day long I didn't know whether I was coming or going...I even forgot that my girls had preschool...and worst of all, I forgot it was Dr. Seuss' birthday...gasp! My favorite children's author...for shame! It wasn't til my own personal Thing 1 and Thing 2 walked out of the preschool with their Cat in the Hat hats that I realized I had missed an opportunity to celebrate. 
I thought quickly...what to do...ah, yes! Visit our local library and look for Seuss books. We have many but there seems to be a billion gazillion million of them!!! Boy was that trip worth it! We found a GREEN EGGS AND HAM COOKBOOK! Bazinga! We quickly checked that little gem out and headed over to the local grocer for some goods and an hour later we were feasting on a fantastic meal of GREEN EGGS AND HAM, PINK YINK INK DRINK, CAT AND THE HAT TOPPLED HATS (my own creation) and the GRINCHES   SLAW (another personal creation)! 
Reese and Rumor set the table with some of their favorite Seuss books and we laughed and giggled and enjoyed the fantastical meal from a mystical land that can only be known as green eggs and ham!













I hope you find some time in your life this week to throw your loved ones an impromptu party...Upcoming things to celebrate: 
Friday




Clean Out the Fridge Day...ewww!
Mardi Gras
St. Patrick's Day
International Waffle Day 
and don't forget April Fools!

No comments:

Post a Comment