Tuesday, February 15, 2011

CANDY!!!

Holy COW!
Yesterday was Valentines Day...a very fun day...especially now that I work in a preschool!
The kids were so excited to share their cards and treats with all of their friends...and teachers...so cute!
My own children, had their preschool V-day party during their afternoon class and came home with a lunch sack stuffed full of treats and cards. They were thrilled! Sweets are a great thing. They taste good and make you smile...usually...



I set out to clean up my kitchen today...I mean really clean. Clear the counters, wipe down everything and put away items that have been out since Christmas! WOW! As I cleaned, I continued to run into the same obstacle over and over...CANDY!
Candy from Halloween!
Candy from Christmas!
Candy from Birthday Parties!
Candy from Valentines Day!
Candy...candy...CANDY!
One would think that a mom with a sweet tooth as large as mine would have no problem taking care of this...well...I am allergic to both tree-nuts and peanuts...so, needless to say, there's not a whole lot of candy I can actually have.
Well, why aren't the children eating it? Well, our kids have to earn their candy by eating their "real" food...all GONE! Since this rarely happens we are left with a whole lot of CANDY!
What to do about it...I hate throwing it out...seems so wasteful. I can't eat it. They shouldn't eat it and our vet said to not let the dog eat it...
A dilemma!
Hmmmmmm...I feel an art project coming on...stay tuned for details!
In the meantime, tell me what you would do with all of this candy!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'd start sending it to work with my husband. He can put it out in the break room. There is always someone in an office who needs a sugar break.

    I like your idea of an art project, but then the candy would still be around...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Jody! Fatten those John Deere engineers up!

    ReplyDelete