Friday, February 18, 2011

THREE days in a row!

WOW! I kept my kitchen counter cleared off and clean for three whole days this week!
We won't discuss the piles on my desk in both my living room and office...nope.
A clean kitchen certainly does make a home look cleaner...and makes a mood brighter.
Tomorrow, I might just attempt to clean the kitchen floors! I have been avoiding the task since we are about to approach the Midwest's 5th season...MUD! Ugh! Slush and grime everywhere I look...the snow can't melt fast enough for me during this season.
Speaking of kitchens...I have long debated refurbishing an old dresser of mine (6 drawers--3 on each side..so, hip height) into a buffet for my kitchen. My kitchen is not a very big space but I thought the extra storage would come in handy...and perhaps help keep my counters clean? My fear...it will be yet another flat service for myself and my family to destroy! Any thoughts? I do love a project though and I don't think it would be too difficult to sand and re-stain this spring. Yes? No? Go for it? Garage sale it? Because after all, it currently resides in our garage!
Which brings me to my next topic...garage sale! I need to have one...I mean, not at my house but I need to drop my junk off at a friends house and have her sell it for me. I am so ready to purge! My goal for 2011 is to create space in our ever-growing-ever-filling-shrinking house...wouldn't it be nice to have an empty drawer! OR some empty space in the closet! OR an empty shelf! WooHoo! I'll post before and after projects as I tackle them...for a laugh or inspiration.
To hold myself accountable, here are some moments you'll have to look forward to----
THE RED DRESSER
THE ART CLOSET
WE LET GUESTS USE A CLOSET?
THE CREATURES UNDER THE STAIRS!
MY OFFICE
THE KITCHEN JUNK DRAWER
Well, time to relax...I worked all day with the preschoolers...and after a fierce game of tag my legs are stiff and I am tired! (Okay, really it was the two kick-boxing classes that I took this week...but it's more fun blaming the kids!)

No comments:

Post a Comment