Saturday, February 19, 2011

Saturday!

I woke up this morning to breakfast in bed...French toast, fried potatoes and sausage links...followed by a cup of hot coffee! Great way to wake up! Since then, I have been buzzing around my home working on all sorts of odd and end tasks. This is catch-up weekend. Next weekend will be prepare for the largest bookfair of my Usborne career so far weekend :)

And if we could get to the art
supplies, we might just
make something!


There's a desk under all that junk!













As promised, I have photos of some "purging" projects for you.

The spark that started my buzz...Dustin was looking up information for our taxes...ugh, yes, it is that time of year. I am somewhat ashamed to admit that as organized as I may appear, I truly am not organized with paperwork. In fact, it's quite the opposite. I told Dustin that he could locate the paperwork he needed for the taxes in 3 different areas...yikes, this needs to improve! Which also means it is time to take back my office! AKA the dump! Yes, this is where things have been getting dumped for the past few months...let's say since Turkey Day? We have proof that it is a dump too...two little piggies have moved in...and consume a lot of it's space!
See them? See the piggies?


OH THE IRONY!
A magazine about organizing!

Some magazines were kept as a whole since
they have A LOT of information/ideas
that I would like to keep...but I did label
the box they now reside in!

So, as I am buzzing around, I took a quick few moments to purge a shelf in my office. THE MAGAZINE SHELF! I used to subscribe to Family Fun and Martha Stewart's LIVING...but now I am magazine free! Many still reside on my shelf tho'...time to gut them. It's been a process actually dating back to my pregnancy bed rest days...I sat on the couch and went through each magazine page by page and ripped out pages of interest and pitched the rest...Phew! I highly recommend this. PHASE 2 of my process will be to file these pages in a nice, neat filing system...WELL, that was the plan. I have since that point (5 years ago) come up with a new plan...it actually occurred to me just a few days ago. If I can't see the ideas then I won't use the ideas...so, I will be placing "said" ideas into my planner near the date in which I intend to work on "said" ideas...get it?


I would love to make this
ladybug for the girls
preschool snack in
April or May!
 It will be a process...yes...but one I feel that will pay off. My second idea...which
occurred to me as prepping for this post...scan my favorite pages into my computer and have an electronic filing system for ideas that I want to reference in the future. Both will help me not kick myself and say...oh shoot! I was going to try that! Or so I hope! I may even be references these articles that I find from time to time on this blog!
Enjoy the photos...and enjoy your day...for me, it's back to work I go (and p.s. my kitchen counter has dishes on it...yikes!)...

No comments:

Post a Comment