Sunday, February 20, 2011

Results!

Amazing results are taking place in my "dwelling"...
Take a look back at the photo from yesterday of my art closet...
BEFORE! 












I had trouble getting to the closet...therefore everything started to pile up outside of it!!!
So, after a day long straightening and purging...I present...
AFTER!












Phew! Now maybe we can do some art projects! Everything back in the bins and back on the shelves...now to just get the hubby to haul away the broken t.v. that resides in the middle of my office floor!
It really is a great feeling when you see the results of your hard work!

Now, let's flashback once again to my little idea I presented yesterday...the magazine idea...
My planner with ideas pasted on the page
for NEW YEARS decorating and party!
I LOVE IT! Yesterday, I trimmed up and pasted my favorite ideas in my planner...now I can see what I want to accomplish all nice and tidy...no more kicking myself for LOST ideas! This is also going to help with efficiency in our lives. I love working on projects with my girls and making special treats and decorations...but often feel overwhelmed with finding the time or having the correct materials on hand. WELL, now I will be able to see ahead what I want to do and plan for it! Yeah!

Okay, so I have an idea that I want to implement for my girls artwork. They are TRUE artists at heart! Everyday, they are working on one project or another...and I love it...except my house is being OVER-RUN with art projects! AUGH! Here are some photo examples...

 Our garage door, the fridge, the easel, the back door, the kitchen table, my office, their room...just to name a few "gallery" locations! So, here's my plan to make their artwork a bit neater: I am going to gather picture frames and paint them all the same color and then adhere super-strong magnets on the back of them for the garage door (which is made of metal)...then VIOLA! The R and R gallery will be open! In my office, I may hang a "clothes-line" for some more artwork. I do love seeing it displayed...especially the rainbows...but I want everything to be a bit neater. Plus, with Kindergarten right around the corner...now is the time to prepare for the influx of art projects. Remember, I will have TWO Kindergartners!

Well, time to remove the Twinkies from the tub and prep for storytime...until next time (and yes, there are still dirty dishes on my counter)...

1 comment:

  1. We are throwing out two garbage bags full of papers/magazine/junk from the above cleaning project...just thought I'd add that. Boy do I feel A LOT lighter!

    ReplyDelete